Construction of the villa at ul. gen. Józefa Chłopickiego 5 in Krakow took place in 1926 and was designed by renowned Krakow architects Eng. Adolf Siódmak and Michał Guzikowski. The characteristic style of the Polish manor house dominates the architecture of the buildings in the ‘Officer’s Village’. The estate was built in the interwar period on building plots set out on the property of the Potocki family. The first houses were built at ul. Chłopicki. At that time, it was a suburban estate. The name of the Officers' Estate comes from the officers who inhabited it.
The building was bought by Col. Karol Myrek from the first owner Capt. Marian Rudzki. Col. Myrek was four times decorated; with the Cross of Valor, the Officer's Cross of the Order Odrodzenia Polski and the Golden Cross of Merit, and in the years 1945 - 1946 he was the president of the small city Legnica. The house was inhabited by col. Myrek with his wife Zofia and two daughters - Maria and Janina. Maria Kwiatkowska and her husband were well-known journalists of "Dziennik Polski". Janina's husband, Zbigniew Gdula, was a soldier of the Home Army, also decorated during his lifetime.
During the German occupation of Krakow, the building was seized by the Nazis and the owners were ordered to the basement rooms of the building.
During the communist era of the Polish People’s Republic, the building was plundered by the Soviets and used to house troops.
The villa is a listed building and under the supervision of the local conservator of monuments, a complete renovation was carried out. A scope of works including the fortification of the foundations, replacement of ceilings as well as the replacement of the roof along with all the interior fit out. The renovation of the façade received grant funding from the City of Krakow due to its protected status.